[PyUGAT-Announce] Django Girls Vienna – Call for Coaches!

Django Girls Vienna vienna at djangogirls.org
Sun Mar 12 19:05:35 CET 2017

Dear PyUGAT members,

Some of you will have heard about Django Girls already – well, the first
workshop is finally coming to Vienna, and we're now looking for coaches!

Please find more info about the workshop and coaching below; itt would
definitely be rad to have some of you on board for the event on 29 April.

Kind regards,
The organisers

DJANGO GIRLS VIENNA #1
Django Girls is coming to Vienna on 29 April 2017 and looking for coaches!

Django Girls is a free, one-day workshop all about Python and Django, the
Python-based web application framework. The first of these workshops in
Vienna is open to women and non-binary persons and will be held on a
Saturday to give folks working during the week a chance to participate. It
will last for a full day and will thus be relatively intense for new
learners.

The workshop is now looking for coaches who will help participants work
through the workshop materials (the Django Girls tutorial
https://tutorial.djangogirls.org/) in small groups. Coaches do not need to
be Django experts but should know some basic Python. There is also a
separate guide for coaches available, which outlines what being a Django
Girls coach entails: https://coach.djangogirls.org/

If you want to help us make this a great event, please consider becoming a
coach and register through the form currently available on the official
event page https://djangogirls.org/vienna/. If you would prefer to coach in
German, you can let us know via the form as well (note that all materials
are in English, and so is the official workshop language, but we want to
offer German coaching for those who feel more comfortable conversing in
German).

If you would rather help organise the event (no Python/programming
knowledge needed), we are happy to hear from you via e-mail (
vienna at djangogirls.org). Prospective co-organisers should be fluent in
English. Sponsorships are *very* welcome too! -> vienna at djangogirls.org

--
Django Girls Vienna <https://djangogirls.org/vienna/> 2017
@DjangoGirls_VIE <https://twitter.com/djangogirls_vie>

organised with the help of:
Techtrrrs <http://www.techtrrrs.at/> (@Techtrrrs
<https://twitter.com/techtrrrs>) – tech events (& more) for women & NBs in
Vienna & Austria
diebin.at – feminist collective working on emancipatory ICT approaches